100...things about me?

|
It's Thanksgiving morning at 6:35 am. I just got up with Luke and gave him a bottle. I held him close, kissed his face. told him how very much I love him and how very thankful I am that he's ours. As the tears come to my eyes now I cannot help but just feel thankful. It's very easy for this sassy Momma to become overwhelmed in the day to day life stuff. The need to clean up, organize, and the worry... oh the worry. Today though, I look at my little life and just smile. Joe and I have all that we need and way more... so I'm thankful. Thank you God for this little life and the people in it. Thank you also God for walking on this journey with me.

Ok, Becca said this would be hard so let's give it a shot..... 100th post= 100 things about me.
  1. I LOVE Mickey Mouse
  2. I worked at Disney World in Fl.
  3. I have been in love 3 three times total and Joe was the first
  4. My best friend in the world was my beloved Grandma Josephine and she became ill the year Joe and I got together.... I like to think God knew he'd take her and gave me him in exchange.
  5. I am half Italian and full of the stereotypes that go with being Italian
  6. I want to see Italy soooooooo bad.
  7. I want to go on a cruise with my family. A Disney one to be specific
  8. I love any food that isn't good for you.
  9. I worry more then I should about everything
  10. I'm trying to grow my hair out and feeling like it's getting too dry from teaching swimming.
  11. I don't really think I'm very good at any one thing other then maybe worrying... that sounds pathetic.... I don't mean it to though... I'm just not stellar at any one thing.
  12. I have a nice smile. I have been told that my whole life.
  13. I make friends very easily...
  14. I'm way too chatty
  15. I like to gossip and I shouldn't.
  16. I love to read.
  17. I live in the same style/floor plan of house that I spent my first 12 years of life in, but in a completely different city.
  18. I was once Michael Jackson for Halloween (the white glove, billie jean version)
  19. I HATE throwing up and until last year hadn't in 13 years. Hoping to go on another 13 yr stint again.
  20. I used to be a huge germaphobe, but since having kids, I have gotten better.
  21. I have known Joe for 17 years. Been in love with him for probably 15 of them and I'm only 29.
  22. I Love to give people presents. I love to see their faces when they get them.
  23. I love anything that's personalized and or homemade.
  24. I love the poems Joe writes to me.
  25. I called this blog One Sassy Family because my nickname for Joe and Jack at that time was Sassy.
  26. I'm very loyal and will defend my family in friends to the hills.
  27. I wanted to grow up and be a back up dancer for Janet Jackson :)
  28. Being Italian, I have had c cups or larger since the 6th grade and only in 10th grade did I really realize why the boys would sometimes not look in my eyes but more south from there. It's been more of a pain then an advantage.
  29. I tend to say too much or be TMI. See above.
  30. I have brown/hazel eyes but they used to be deep brown and it's the only thing most people tell me that they can see of me in Jack. He's the only brown eyed grandchild on both sides.
  31. I Love Italian cheese pies. They are amazing.
  32. I love to bake, have you seen my tush... it's evident.
  33. I love to laugh and sometimes do when it's not the right time.
  34. I cannot sing to save my life and when I transferred schools in the 7th grade my dad told the choir teacher I sounded like a boy going through puberty.
  35. I have a scratchy, deeper female voice and have been told I sound like Demi Moore.
  36. I wish my brothers and I were closer but we just can seem to get it together... there's always drama, so I am distancing myself from it.
  37. I'm wondering if anyone is still reading this rambling on me.
  38. I love comments on this site and not sure why I'm shy to admit that.
  39. I haven't shared this with my family or Joe's or even more then a few close friends and admired fellow bloggers.
  40. I'm afraid that if I do I will hear judgement... not much faith in them liking it, I'm sure they would...
  41. I have 2 dogs and they still pee in our house sometimes. I hate it and blame myself for letting them sleep with us. They are little and the colder it gets here the more they would rather in the house. It's so flippin gross.
  42. Subject change.... I LOVE the holiday/fall season
  43. I don't feel like it's Christmas without snow and just being in MN
  44. I chose to have snowman dishes on my wedding registry instead of china.
  45. My china was my grandmothers from 1930 & she got it for opening a checking account. :)
  46. I love my blackberry
  47. I love black friday shopping with Joe or friends
  48. I love this egg bake pizza recipe I have been eating weekly
  49. I cannot iron to save my life
  50. I'm not a huge fan of yard work or gardening. I don't mind getting dirty but hate hot/humid days
  51. I like camping (note: with an electric site and bathroom somewhere near)
  52. I have camped and completely roughed it and I can handle that for a weekend
  53. I love going to the cabin we rent in Crosslake, MN
  54. I LOVE board games and card games and most games
  55. The only PS2 game I'm good at it is Wheel of Fortune and it's only because Joe's a terrible speller.
  56. I can pass old school Nintendo (the first one) Super Mario Brothers in one shot.
  57. I secretly dream of having more then 4 kids
  58. The doctor told me that I am not allowed to have more then 4 due to having 2 c-sections and the risks involved
  59. So I hope to adopt.
  60. When I look at my life regarding more kids, I see all boys and an adopted little girl who is African American or of another region with darker skin.... no idea why... just how it comes to me.
  61. I LOVE MN and would never want to live anywhere else (well maybe Italy)
  62. I would love to own a hobby farm just outside of the Twin Cities some day. Something like 20 acres (now I'm dreaming)
  63. For all her controversy and some of the ick she does, I love Britney Spears and most of her music.
  64. I'm told that I snore.... I don't believe it.
  65. Joe snores and he's been known to have pillows thrown at him during hunting trips as well as a drawer for ear plugs just for him... I never have been unable to sleep with his snoring.
  66. I hear my family waking up and would rather be with them... So To be contunued!!!!
  67. I'm back... I adore Becca... She gives me daily laughter with her blog and comment love. Thanks Becca
  68. I am no fun in the morning without at least 2 gulps of coffee in me.
  69. I have a terribly naughty sense of humor and just looking at the number 69 makes me giggle to myself... I know, I'm imature.
  70. I love to watch MN Gopher Hockey Live
  71. I wish I was the size I was in 9th grade...that would mean giving up oreo's though
  72. I love the show Modern Family and Grey's Anatomy and The real housewives of most of the counties.... when I find time to watch my dvr.
  73. I contradicited myself this weekend because we are at my hubands family cabin and he kept me up most of the night snoring for the first time ever.
  74. I wish I could live in my velour jumpsuit all the time
  75. It makes me sad that currently Luke prefers Daddy to me....
  76. I allow myself to fixate on stuff and have a hard time letting it go.
  77. I have not spent more then a week away from Joe since we re-connected 8 years ago
  78. Prior to dating Joe I wasn't sure I wanted to get married (my parents are divorced and I didn't want to end up that way)
  79. I worry about my Mom getting cancer again. I used to worry she would get it... now it's that it will come back
  80. Joe smokes and it really bugs me.
  81. I'm in a dark mood right now and it's evident in my writing.
  82. I'm really "The hour I first believed" by Wally Lamb and LOVING it.
  83. (I'm stealing this from Becca) My hair is almost always frizzy... no matter the weather.
  84. I need a pedicure so bad that my heels are catching on the carpet... eww gross.
  85. Joe heard my nephew tell my other nephew this weekend "see, if you beg them enough usually they give in" NICE. He's 5.
  86. I wish my sister would make smarter choices.
  87. I'm not perfect but am sure sounding like I think I am or think I'm better then my siblings... not at all the case.
  88. I'm airing dirty laundry in a 100 list about me... how pathetic.
  89. My sister in law Carrie makes me feel the most comfortable in a large group setting with the in-laws
  90. I wish I could decorate like my sister in law Teresa. She just knows what looks good 9So does Darcie.... check out her fall decorating)
  91. My mom is a packrat and I'm working super hard not to be like her in that way.
  92. I think Ben Affleck is INCREDIBLY sexy... but he doesn't hold a candle to Joe. Seriously!
  93. I'm growing my hair out but teaching swimming is making it dry and nasty :(
  94. I find painting soothing and love to do it.
  95. I have lived in the house 5 years and 4 months and have changed every room except our upstairs bath..... we like to do "projects"
  96. I wish my "ladies" weren't so "pulled" by gravity... but am thankful that they work great for nursing.
  97. Is sometimes shocked at how cute my kids are... (wow that sounds bad)
  98. I need some help in the punctuation department, ok a ton of help.
  99. I think I married way over my head (so does my mom... she told me son on Thanksgiving... Thanks MOM!)
  100. I love me (most of the time) despite all that is written above... and can tell you that it's all true... sadly or happily... all true.
Ok, that was harder then I thought it would be.... YIKES!

4 comments:

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Yay! I read ALL of them! Hurry up and post the rest. It's hard, isn't it?

*I love comments, too... Doesn't everyone

*You should give your family your blog address. They'll love it more than you think.

Happy Thanksgiving, Amy!!

Becca - Our Crazy Boys said...

You crack me up.

How far into that Wally Lamb book are you? Because I loved it, too... at first...

Do you get your hair wet with "regular" water before you swim?

One more... did you get your pedicure yet? Because you SO need one.

Jenny said...

I read them all and could hear your voice the entire time!

I'm glad you like Wally Lamb...his writing is a little vulgar at times, no? But still, a great page-turner. I can't wait to start The Shack!

Anonymous said...

#11- I beg to differ! This blog and youre writing is stellar! I always seem to get happy tears when I read it.

#37-Yep Im still reading. At work to be exact. No telling Joe :) He he

#69- LMAO ;) ;)

One of your besties, Candi

Keep up the awesome work Amy!