Winter in MN

|
I'm sitting at my dining room table. The Christmas tree is lit and full of ornaments just a few feet away. I have a tart warmer going and the scent filling the room is Yankee Candle Co.'s Home for the Holidays. There are Christmas lights in this room. On the tree, on the window, outside just a few steps away on the tree and window.

In the kitchen is my beloved. His birthday was yesterday and I plan to blog my little heart out about how thankful I am that he was born some 32 years ago. My beloved is cooking spaghetti. I smell that too and smile. I had peppermint mocha in my cup this morning warming me and on the radio all day is a constant stream of Christmas music. Better then that is the fact that if I'm not real fond of the particular song, there is a second station also playing only Christmas music. These are not xm satellite radio stations either.

Under the tree is a skirt that my mother made with her bare hands when I was a little girl. She sewed on each and every sequin.

Outside it's snowing. To me, it's not Christmas if there isn't snow. I once worked at Disney World (in case you didn't know) and I was there for Christmas.... it was green and warm and awful. Thank goodness for the Magic of Disney. In the town of Celebration (the town that Disney created btw) they have snow" every night at 7 and 9. They are soap suds but shh don't tell.

We are in the midst of a winter storm warning here. A few Minnesotans (ok more then a few) aren't fans of this type of weather, but I am. I don't like slippery roads but I can tell you that this time last year I was 9.5 months pregnant, had been in the hospital the night before with the stomach flu that had kicked me into labor for a few hours, and the next day with a smile on my face I started a snow blower that is older then I am & happily plowed our driveway. I was just so very glad to have the snow. It was even blizzard conditions the day Luke was released from the hospital and we almost weren't allowed to leave.

I will post some pictures next so you can see all the love I have in my heart for this state and it's snowy cold winters, mild and sweet springs and summers and the most beautiful fall seasons I have ever seen.

1 comments:

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Can't wait for pictures. I'll live vicariously through you, ok?