"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine"

|

This is the blog intended for Joe's birthday. Above is a photo taken the night of his actual birthday this year. ( The 3rd kid is my nephew Joey)

However, below are pictures from 17 years before of Joe at the age that we met. In fact I'm the one in the ESPIRIT shirt trying to hold his arms open to catch a photo of him at that time. He was camera shy. The one that is a school picture was what he gave me when we met and "dated".
This one is of Joe and I heading to prom... except we weren't each others dates. It' s few years after the ones above.
I went with his best friend and wished I was his date the whole time.

I'm sure you have already heard it but he was my first love.

December 1977 Born and a blessing had arrived

October 1994 I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting the shy guy who would forever change my life in the most amazing ways.

May 1996. We lose touch for 5 years other then running into one another in passing and barely exchanging two words to one another.

August 2001. BAM! Twice in one day we bump into each other and become friends

October 31st, 2001 After confessing feelings for me we have our first official date.

February 14th, 2002 I hear the words "I love you" from this man for the second time in my life and I'm over the moon.

June 13th, 2002 On a whim he asks me to marry him and I say yes without a hesitation in my heart or mind.
January 17th, 2004.... the dreams that this woman dreamed as a 12 year old girl years before come true and as was written in my diary, I became "Mrs. Joe V."
Almost 6 years of married life later and 2 beautiful boys (thanks mostly to their daddy) I'm still very much in love with this man. Happy (belated) Birthday My Beloved!

2 comments:

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Happy Birthday, Joe!

What a sweet post!

Jenny said...

These pictures are PRICELESS! I loved seeing them. And Happy Birthday to Joe (belated...)!